You ask. We listen. They Answer.
This Fall #FAQMP – Frequently Asked Questions for your Member of Parliament – puts you in control of our show.
ichannel General Contest Rules & Regulations
These contest rules and regulations are applicable to contests brought to you by ichannel and its parent company Stornoway Communications (“Company”) which are administered live on-air on its television networks, websites and/or through its social media platforms (collectively “Platforms”) across Canada (excluding Quebec) unless there are specific contest rules for a particular contest (the “Contest”). Please note that certain contests promoted on Company’s Platforms may be brought to you by Company in conjunction with another sponsor or by a sponsor other than Company.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: Company runs many Contests throughout the year on its Platforms across Canada (excluding Quebec). For these Contests, the Contest Period, duration and timing will be identified by the host, or specified through Company’s social media Platforms at the time of the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: A Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the first day of the Contest Period unless otherwise noted by the on air host or specified in the Contest description on any of the Platforms. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest, including the employees, agents or representatives of Company (including its respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies) and suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the “Excluded Individuals”). This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals, and all other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter for a chance to win a Contest, follow the instructions given by the on-air host or specified in the Contest description on the Platform to find out how to enter and win a prize while watching one of Company’s channels and/or following and of Company’s social media feeds on any Platform. You may be required to call in to the channel running that particular contest or respond via email or a social media Platform at the time and follow the instructions of the Platform host or a designated Company employee or representative. There are many types of Contests and ways to enter which include one of the following:
a) watching and identifying specified content; b) calling, tweeting, emailing or joining an online chat to identify your name followed by a random draw to select a winner; c) calling, tweeting, emailing or joining an online chat to win at the time specified by the on-air host or as the person who has called/tweeted/emailed/joined in a particular order (i.e. the first five callers, etc.) as specified by the on-air host; d) trivia questions;
In order to be declared a winner by the Contest judges, a potential winner must: (i) be in compliance with these Contest rules; (ii) complete, sign and return a Company form declaration and release prepared by Company before being declared a winner and before a prize will be released; and (iii) correctly answer, without mechanical aid or assistance, a mathematical time-limited skill testing question set out in the Company form declaration and release.
If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these Contest rules, the Contest judges reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and select an alternative winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of other eligible entries received for a particular Contest and any criteria mentioned by the on-air host or by a Company employee.
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: No purchase is required to enter a Company Contest.
5. PRIZES: There are various prizes available to be won which will be identified by the on-air host or on the Platform at the time of the Contest. The approximate retail value of a prize can vary and is available upon request at the time of the particular contest. Potential winners may be required to furnish proof of identification such as a driver’s license or social security numbers.
6. PUBLICITY: By entering a Contest, you consent to Company’s use of your name, city of residence, photograph, voice, statement and image for any publicity purposes.
7. THE DECISIONS OF THE CONTEST JUDGES ARE FINAL. In the event of a conflict between the rules and any instructions or interpretation of these rules given by a Company employee regarding a Contest, these rules shall prevail.
8. Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Contest rules, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Company reserves the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future Company Contests.
9. Company assumes no responsibility for: entries lost, stolen, late, delayed, damaged, illegible, incomplete, or for the failure, interruption or delay of any email or other communication to be received, for any reason; problems with the function of any website or website feature howsoever caused; the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; traffic congestion on the Internet or on phone lines; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers.”
10. Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to amend, cancel, close, suspend or reinstate a Contest at any time and for any reason whatsoever. Company reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or substitute any component of a prize for its cash value or a prize of approximately the same retail value. Prizes are non-transferable, must be accepted as awarded by Company and cannot be exchanged by a declared winner for cash or other substitutes.
11. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest rules, which are subject to change without notice to Contest entrants individually, and each entrant releases Company, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and advertising and promotional agencies, from any damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant’s participation in a Contest or the use of any prize.
12. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest and these Contest rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario. Any dispute shall be adjudicated in the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
13. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
Without you, #FAQMP could not exist. The goal of the show is to provide you with a way to connect with your representatives and to express yourself about important issues. We are committed to principles of openness and free speech. To make sure your comment or submission is not removed, please avoid: